Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Something We May Have In Common



The First Thing…Or Just One More Thing
By: Sharon L. Patterson
“Oh my…another morning.  The alarm has gone off-already?”
  I muster my thoughts, get up and put my day’s activities in my “head list”, peruse them as I brush my teeth, and decide which ones should actually go on my paper list.
  All too often, the first thing on my list which should be to seek the wisdom and presence of God is abandoned to “one more thing” somewhere else on the “head list”.  When that is the order of events, that even becomes the “ last thing”.
 Having departed from earlier days and attitudes of legalism, I do not wish to put seeking God on a ritual list of any kind.  I want to be like David, who in Psalm 63:1 said, “O God, you are my God; early (KJ) or earnestly (NIV) I seek you. My soul thirsts for you.” So, I want to make that statement to Him the First Thing…maybe even Just One More Thing…even the Last Thing all during the day.

No comments: